SmartBrief seeks financial writer for daily B2B eNewsletter content SmartBrief is seeking freelance writers to help create daily online business and consumer news e-mail publications in global financial news. Candidates would need to be available to work from 12:00AM (midnight) – 2:00AM EST AND/OR 2:00AM – 4:00AM EST Monday through Friday. Because of the overnight hours, writers in Asia and Europe are preferred. What we’re looking for:
* Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment
* Experience as a writer or editor for a newspaper, trade journal or industry publication with multiple daily deadlines
* Knowledge of industry trends and global financial regulatory reform initiatives is a huge plus
* Native English speaker
* Must be active on Elance, or willing to work through the Elance platform
Our briefs summarize the top stories of the day for dozens of industry associations, and our freelancers work with our editors to shape that content. You will not be reporting or writing long-form articles in this position.
Daily Job Duties
* Search the Web to locate news articles and other information sources of interest to senior executives
* Select and summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in e-mail publications
* Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content
Required Skills & Experience
* Proven writing skills
* Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline
* Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the Web
* Knowledge of Associated Press style
* Facility for using online publishing tools
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Proven record of sharing responsibilities and managing multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
How to Apply
Please include your Elance username in your outreach to the hiring manager, Jaime Hollander at jhollander*at*ElanceCloud.com (replace *at* with @).
About SmartBrief: Founded in 1999, SmartBrief is the leader in customized e-mail news services and reaches top-flight executives in a variety of markets, including advertising, retail, hospitality, telecom, health care and consumer packaged goods.