Ever get discouraged and want to quit building your freelance writing business? I have — on more than one occasion.
Getting started as a freelancer takes work. Building a business from scratch is no easy task. Sometimes, I fast-forward to the end of my life and think wow, when my time is up, I don’t want to have any regrets. I don’t want to regret not giving freelancing my all. So, this is how I’ve been building my freelance writing business with a never-give up attitude.
This is why I start my day off by focusing on my business; doing something to propel me to the next level.
As I love writing down goals, I post the goal of growing my freelance business on my nightstand. My goal is the first thing I see when I get up in the morning and it’s the last thing I see when I go to bed. Seeing my written goal gives me direction to start my day and keeps me focused.
FACT: You Earn More If You Write Down Your Goals
FYI, did you know that people who write down their goals have a much better success rate achieving them — and earn more. A lot more! Proof?
There was a fascinating study conducted on the 1979 Harvard MBA program where graduate students were asked “have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” The result, only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals but they weren’t in writing and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again and the result was absolutely mind-blowing.
The 13% of the class who had goals, but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined! [Source: Forbes.com, Why You Should Be Writing Down Your Goals]
So while this may seem like an unimp0rtant step, it’s not. Far from it.
I Remember Why I Started My Business In the First Place
As soon as I think of giving up on freelancing, I remind myself of the pain I’ve experienced in the past. I never want to experience that pain again and I keep moving.
Visualize: I See Myself At The End
I’m a firm believer that imagination plays a huge part in the success of my business. That’s why I visualize my success.
I picture myself writing and working hard. When I close my eyes, I see my business growing and thriving. I see myself fighting my way through the valley. I see myself at the foot of the mountain and then I see myself at the top of the mountain.
I Think About Who Will Benefit From My Business
I love helping others. I often think about who will benefit from the success of my business. This could be family, friends and even the world. I also think about how I will be able to help others on their freelance journey because I’ve been through the experience and am still on the journey.
I Regularly Play “Fight” Songs
Once I did many cold calls. I received so much rejection and I was really in a funk. I realized that playing “fight” songs pull me out of this funk. A fight song is a song that encourages you to fight through that feeling that is threatening to steal your dream. “Fight” songs inspire you to keep going.
How have you been growing your freelance writing business with patience and perseverance? Leave a comment and let us know.
About the Author: As a copywriter, I am dedicated to producing work that moves businesses and nonprofits to new levels in life! Visit me online at www.juliahali.com to get the FREE report, “Engage an Audience, Penetrate New Markets, Enhance Customer Loyalty and Increase Sales With This One Marketing Tool.”
FYI, You Can Now Start a High-Paying, Home-Based Web Writing Business for 50% Off!
Don’t have a PayPal account? It’s free, quick and easy to open one. Once you do, you can pay via major credit card, electronic debit, instant transfer, etc. And it’s completely safe and secure; you never have to reveal any personal info when you pay via PayPal, which is why it’s our preferred method of sending and receiving payments.
About Your Receipt: Your PayPal payment serves as your receipt. Please keep it for your files, as the cost of the class is tax deductible.